Come for advice and comfort

Welcome to GamerWidow.com!! Please take a moment to introduce yourself to the community. =)

Moderators: Psykiblue, Tawnee, Faeril, Lyoness, max

Come for advice and comfort

Postby Scared83 on Sun Sep 23, 2012 2:57 am

Hi there
My husband and I have been together to 4 years and married for 1.
He is addicted to online Multiplayers games. It used to be WoW, then Eve Online. This became boring so he went onto Diablo and various others. He is currently playing GuildWars2.
I knew what I was getting into when we met and when I agreed to marry him. So I don't need people telling me that I was stupid for marrying him knowing about his gaming addiction.
I do admit I had my expectations that he would cut down on his gaming habits once we were married and I know I was an idiot. But I do really love my husband very much. When he isn't gaming, he is a wonderful partner.
It has, however, come to the point where I really do not know what to do anymore. I am sexually frustrated, I feel unworthy, unloved and I feel very unattractive.
He works all day and I am a stay-at-home wife. I am desperate to have children, but I can't even remember the last time we had sex.
I have tried everything to get him in the mood and his hand away from the mouse and on me, but nothing has worked. I'm close to go out and find someone who would satisfy my needs because my husband clearly is no longer interested in me in that way. I'm scared that I will end up doing something stupid and he will leave me (instead of me leaving him because of his gaming).
So,just wanted to say hi and hope to chat with some of you :jeebus
Scared83

Re: Come for advice and comfort

Postby Bizdaddy on Sun Sep 23, 2012 3:29 pm

I spent the last 2 years feeling the same way and trying the same things with my wife. First she was addicted to vampire romance novels then I introduced her to an iPhone mmorpg. After 6 months of playing she's left me for a married man she met in the game and is divorcing me. I'd even let her know that her game playing upset me but she didn't care then and doesn't even talk to me now unless I ask a question about our daughter. Unless something major happens you're either going to have to learn to live with it and realize the fantasy is mor important than reality to him or leave and find someone who actually appreciates real people and real intimacy.
Bizdaddy

Return to Introductions