20 yrs with this man I love. I'm hurt.

Welcome to GamerWidow.com!! Please take a moment to introduce yourself to the community. =)

Moderators: Psykiblue, Tawnee, Faeril, Lyoness, max

20 yrs with this man I love. I'm hurt.

Postby TiredEmo20 on Thu Apr 11, 2013 1:26 pm

We've had a few computers in the past. The last one he smashed with a sledge hammer and didn't speak to me and our daughter for 3 days. But then things were looking up until he needed a computer for school. He said he'd limit his game time. Not possible. It's now been about 6 years into this addiction of his this time and I'm not getting any younger. I'll be 44 this year. Our daughter will be 17. She's pretty much done hoping she'll have a dad. We almost separated a week ago. We realized that we love each other very much. Had great make up sex. The best ever, he said. But he still ran back to his games after. We spoke about cuddling regularly and reading a book together creating the much needed intimacy that I've needed for YEARS, since our honey moon! He said he'd write me a letter, that was a week ago. He used to write me letters, very romantic and deep as that is the only way he can really articulate his feelings and he's very good at it. I have all the letters we've ever written each other in a waterproof bag with photos and such, in case of a fire, this is the most important to chuck out the window and save.
I just emailed him, yet again, it's been a few years, the website www.wowaholics.org. And some other video game addiction website. I'm nervous. I have to work, I have to function. I can't have my emotions out of control around my daughter, she can't handle it any more.
I'm sad, tired and hurt. That's all I can say...
Connie
TiredEmo20

Re: 20 yrs with this man I love. I'm hurt.

Postby ginabean on Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:06 pm

HI Tired

I know what you're feeling. The emotional exhaustion of trying to be all things to all people and keep yourself together while your best beloved operates inside a bubble and can't (or won't) give you any support, attention or affection. I don't know what the solution is. Because your daughter is old enough to look after herself, is it possible for you to go away for a few days and get some "me" time? I'm not sure of your circumstances, but it sounds like you are under a lot of pressure right now. Needless to say, there are many of us somehow getting through our days - you are not alone. Do come back and let us know how you are doing.
ginabean
Friend

Return to Introductions