Lost my wife...

Welcome to GamerWidow.com!! Please take a moment to introduce yourself to the community. =)

Moderators: Psykiblue, Tawnee, Faeril, Lyoness, max

Re: Lost my wife...

Postby FadedNovelty on Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:00 am

In my opinion, although you totally should be out there dating other women, you shouldn't stop the divorce. Dating other women isn't going to change your wife, it sounds like she's already checked out from the relationship. You should do the same, and enjoy dating WHILE moving on.
FadedNovelty

Postby Jonathan on Wed Nov 04, 2009 1:22 pm

Just wanted to give an update on my situation.

It has been a while since I posted so here is the short version...
The wife and I are getting a divorce and she is living the life of a 19 year old where she seems most happy. During the last several months our 6 year old son who is mildly autistic has been having a very difficult time at school getting suspended and sent home several times a week and it is simple from a lack of attention. His mom is now playing AION and Warcraft and spends all her time on the computer. Because she doesn't have to work by living with her grandfather, she has no financial responsibilities and life is a game/games. My 6 year old is getting tired of the the games too saying all mom does is play games, eat, sleep, and go to the bathroom(his words). Now it seems that some of her family members are starting to see the frustration that I dealt with over the last 3 years and maybe I am not such a bad guy after all. Her grandfather has been paying her to edit and add to the book he is writing and after almost 4 months she hasn't completed even the first 50 pages of a 250 page book. I spoke to him several weeks ago and at 90, he thought that her sitting at the computer all day was her working on his book but was suprised when she hadn't done more than a few pages in all this time.
Her 9 year old daughter is still living with her parents in the mountains and is very lonely without all her brothers and sisters she has been with for most of her life. My wife only takes her every other weekend like a visitation when she drives to pick up her oldest 2 kids from her first husband. It is so sad because I love this little girl so much to see her in so much pain.
Only funny update is that the 19 year old broke up with her this past weekend the same day I served her with papers. This guy had never even kissed a girl before my wife and having sex with her and her fake DD's, I figured he would stick around as long as he could get some. Pretty sad if he dropped her. lol
As far as myself, life is getting back to normal and I haven't even logged into Warcraft for over a month. Focusing on my kids, jobs, and getting my shit together in the cleanest house I have ever lived in is nice. Met a wonderful woman several weeks ago and just living with a smile on my face for the first time in years. Things have a way of working out as they should.
Take Care All,
Jonathan
CLIMBING OUT OF THE HELL THAT BECAME MY LIFE...
Jonathan
Friend

Postby Sirena on Fri Nov 06, 2009 11:20 am

:sredit

Thanks for the update! You sound happy! :thewave
Love Must Be Tough
Sirena
Friend

Postby Jonathan on Tue Sep 21, 2010 2:31 pm

Hello all.

I just wanted to take a moment and post on what I have learned over the past year. In July of 2009 I lost my wife to a gaming addiction and an in-game/RL relationship with another gamer 11 years younger than her. I can now see how a gamers life, if you can't balance it, can lead to such a unfulfilling life. I have been reading many of the posts over the past year and see so many people where I was... there is light at the end of the tunnel but the road sucks.

With a year to look back and seeing where things lie now, I am so happy with the way things have worked out. My ex-wife is now living with her 20 year old boyfriend she left me for and another WOW gamer friend that moved from NY to CA to hang-out with them and play wow. Both guys are unemployed and she is working nights to pay for the house and I assume them.(ironic) Based on my sons accounts and the ghostly figures I see through the front door, all they do is sit on the computer. I can see through the front door that their house is filthy and my son complains of trash and dog shit and piss on his carpet in his room.

My life has taken a 180 degree turn for the better... I work out 6 days a week and getting really buff(p90X), I have a wonderful girlfriend that my kids really like and who is very financially motivated, my job is going great and my kids are happier than they have ever been(my youngest with the gamer EX is having troubles but that's to be expected)

THE POINT: If you are dealing with a gamer addict that just won't change, you can move on. It's hard I know. You can find happiness, you can find love with someone that will appreciate you and love you more than a game. I was a serious gamer and married to one and now that that part of my life is a bad memory, I really am living life to the fullest. You can too.

YOU CAN!!!!

Take Care and good luck,
Jonathan
CLIMBING OUT OF THE HELL THAT BECAME MY LIFE...
Jonathan
Friend

Postby Sirena on Thu Sep 23, 2010 8:51 am

Thanks for the update!! We are so glad that things are going well for you. If you have time, drop by occasionally to the Rehab room and give advice to those there. Your story is very encouraging.

:beer
Love Must Be Tough
Sirena
Friend

Previous

Return to Introductions