FFXI Widow Needing a place to vent...

Welcome to GamerWidow.com!! Please take a moment to introduce yourself to the community. =)

Moderators: Psykiblue, Tawnee, Faeril, Lyoness, max

FFXI Widow Needing a place to vent...

Postby breathless on Thu Oct 21, 2010 2:43 pm

Greetings all.
I am soooo happy to find a place like this online. My name is Breathless and I am a Final Fantasy XI Widow. I have been married for 9 years now and the game came out for 360 in April '06 (four years now) and I have pretty much taken a back seat along with everything else in our relationship to this game. I have tried to play it myself, but the husband was already a higher level and we didn't play "together" he would just walk me through as he was concentrating on his game.

Now I may not be in the exact same group as some, because I don't mind the game... for the first 5 years of our marriage we both played our share of video games. Mostly RPGs which included other Final Fantasy's along with Kingdom Hearts, and it isn't affecting his work or health at all.... my issue is with the fact that I don't get more than a yes or no answer to my questions, or when I do finally get his attention I get snapped at because "he doesn't have time or care." When I call him on this, I'm the one who is over reacting, and recently the comments from him are getting worse.

Last night was kinda the final straw for me when he came home from working late (12:30 am) and woke me up by making food for himself. When I came out to see what was all going on he didn't say anything to me except he was hungry, and didn't say anything else to me. No apology for waking me up, no hello, just "I was hungry" and then proceeded to check his auctions, plants, and how the "run" went without him.

Sorry to unload like this, but I'm tired and I know I"m not the only one. I have friends who lost wives to WoW, and my husband has friends on his game who have lost loved ones too. I just wish he could see what's going on beyond his controller sometimes.

Anyway.... I love movies, music, knitting, and the occasional game on my computer or DS (since I can't play anything on the 360 because hubby is always on it) So that's me in a nutshell.

Thanks for the open ear and I hope to help who I can with this same issue.

Breathless
breathless

Re: FFXI Widow Needing a place to vent...

Postby Sirena on Fri Oct 22, 2010 8:54 am

:welcome to GW, Breathless. You have found a helpful site. Keep us posted.
Love Must Be Tough
Sirena
Friend

Return to Introductions