Socom/Call Of Duty SUCKS

Welcome to GamerWidow.com!! Please take a moment to introduce yourself to the community. =)

Moderators: Psykiblue, Tawnee, Faeril, Lyoness, max

Socom/Call Of Duty SUCKS

Postby PS3Wargamerwife on Sat Dec 04, 2010 11:31 am

Hi, I'm Lilly. I've been married to my husband for 7.5yrs all of which he has played Socom and/or Call of Duty. This has caused problems in the past, but man I'm ready to scream lately. We have 2 kids who are almost 3 & 5 and they would prefer to be like daddy and play games (I have to take the PS3, Wii, GBA, DS, and PSP and hide them from them) than play w/ their toys. My husband plays every night of the week on either Socom or Call of Duty. On the weekends I dont get to sleep in at all because he is up till 3/4am playing games w/ his "Clan" having "clan matches". They have even interrupted our Movie nights now. We had agreed to watch Movies on friday & saturday nights and we did for 2wks...then the "clan matches" started getting earlier and earlier. He wants me to play, but I have absolutely no interest in them. I want to get out of the house and do things, and he wants to stay home. He has even had me send his games overseas when he is deployed (and his roommate is taking his PS3 w/ him this coming deployment) so that he can play. I swear there hasnt been a week go by that he hasnt gamed...even on vacation the dang PSP is out or he is in the Arcade. I'm peeved, lonely, and hurt. I feel like we keep growing further and further apart. My friends who are divorced say "Oh stick it out its better than being a single parent." BUT, I feel like I am already between the year long deployments every other year and then gaming when he is home. I feel abandoned and not needed. This sucks. Thanks for letting me vent.
PS3Wargamerwife

Re: Socom/Call Of Duty SUCKS

Postby nroberts17 on Thu Dec 09, 2010 4:46 am

I wish I had some advice that would help make you feel better, but unfortunately I don't. Please know that you aren't alone, and that with the support here we will make it through this. :hug Is your husband home right now or overseas?

:welcome
My heart longs for you, my soul dies for you, my eyes cry for you, my empty arms reach out for you.

"I love you beautiful, I can't wait to actually spend some...make that alot of good ole quality time with the most beautiful and bestest girlfriend EVER!!!" - My Husband, Pre Warcraft
nroberts17

Return to Introductions