I finally found the right place!

Welcome to GamerWidow.com!! Please take a moment to introduce yourself to the community. =)

Moderators: Psykiblue, Tawnee, Faeril, Lyoness, max

I finally found the right place!

Postby belit001 on Sat Jan 15, 2011 8:55 pm

I've been reading the post here and realized that I finally don't feel alone or crazy.
I've been married to my husband for almost 3 years. He didn't start his addiction to video games until we moved to Kansas 2 years ago. He goes through his "moods" where he plays games off and on. Then he found WOW about 6 months ago and everything has gone wrong.
I used to play WOW with him until he found a guild to join. Then it was all about them. I don't want to spend 24/7 with him, I would like to spend some time with him though. The guild has taken over what used to be a good marriage.
I'm a stay at home wife and Mother who is totally frustrated.
belit001

Re: I finally found the right place!

Postby Tawnee on Sun Jan 16, 2011 3:14 pm

Welcome Belit.

How does your husband respond when you talk to him about it?

The usual excuses "At least I'm not out at the pub", "I could be cheatinbg on you"' etc etc or does he understand and try to cut back only to end up full tilt again in a few weeks?

And no, you certainly aren't crazy. None of us want to partner 24/7 however 3/24 would be nice.

And your husband is a Father now, that means that his needs comes second to his child. Its our responsibility as parents not just to look after their basic needs but to spend time with them, nuture them, play with them.
Tawnee
Moderator: Goddess

Postby belit001 on Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:41 am

His usual response is I don't know. He has been trying to cut back in the last few days, but I'm having a hard time believing that he will really change. I'm trying to stay positive, but it's really hard. He has just started "try" and take an interest in family again.
belit001

Postby Psykiblue on Wed Jan 19, 2011 4:04 pm

What does he do for a living?

Would he agree to cut out/put a hold on the internet for awhile in order to get his issues under control?

Also don't do anything for him- he's taking you and his family for granted.

Is there anyone in your area that you could stay with for awhile if you needed that break? Or anyone that you can talk to?
I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary; the evil it does is permanent.

Psykiblue

Postby belit001 on Thu Jan 20, 2011 6:50 am

He works for a fast food restaraunt.
There's no way I can put a hold on the internet, it's pretty much our only form of communication. He wouldn't go for it anyway.
I don't do much for him now.
We live in a small town in the middle of nowhere. I haven't any friends here to stay with, or anyone to talk to. When I have tried to talk to people their first response is "leave him" or "it's just a phaze".

I really appreciate the help here. Just being able to talk about it has helped me a lot.
I don't feel so alone anymore.
belit001

Return to Introductions