New gal

Welcome to GamerWidow.com!! Please take a moment to introduce yourself to the community. =)

Moderators: Psykiblue, Tawnee, Faeril, Lyoness, max

New gal

Postby AFwife on Mon Feb 13, 2012 1:13 am

Hello all,

I've been reading many of your posts and it's nice to know we aren't alone. I'm so sorry for what many of you are experiencing and at this point I'm hoping it doesn't end up that way for us. My husband plays mostly console games but recently started playing PC games as well.

Between him working the night shift, sleeping all day, and playing these games I feel like a shadow sometimes. I try to spend time with him but he doesn't hear most of what I say because he's in the zone. He always has to finish this mission or get to the next save point before I can pry him away for even a half hour and then he seems to go right back to his man cave. The games put distance between us and if I run out of things to say then our conversations end awkwardly.

It feels like he puts the games first and leveling up is more important than our connection. I've forced talks about the amount of time he spends on these stupid games and expressed my concern when he starts slamming things around because "this or that was complete bulls***." I don't know how to get through to him though, it gets better for a day or two and then goes right back to the way it was. We are coming up on our 2 year anniversary and I don't want things to be this way anymore or even get worse. I'm scared and hurt that I have to fight to get glimpses of my wonderful husband.

AFwife
AFwife

Re: New gal

Postby wintergarden on Mon Feb 20, 2012 9:26 am

Thanks for your post. I feel the same way. Hard to imagine my life without him. But can't imagine living this way from now on you know?
wintergarden

Postby dreamer0212 on Wed Mar 07, 2012 5:29 am

I hear ya! I've been with my man for just over two years and the same thing. He comes home from work and goes straight into the man cave to play PC games. For HOURS. Most nights I have to bring him the supper I spent time cooking into the computer room so he can eat. The guy hasn't taken me out on a date since we first met, unless you count going to KFC a date? :P He randomly starts talking about games and thinks I am interested and I just sit there staring at him. When I have an issue with something he will relate it to games. He is amazing though, a great father, good to me, has a wonderful job and we have a great life... but I hate living around his gaming schedule. I am tired of him coming home and saying, "I'm tired, I had a long day I am going to just relax and play some games", meanwhile I worked all day and I cleaned the house, I did the laundry, I cooked him food, I made his lunch for him for the next day... while he plays games. I don't want him to give up his hobby but he is 30 years old now! Will this EVER change?! When can I get some time with my man? Makes me feel unimportant and not a priority. BOO!
dreamer0212

Postby Tawnee on Fri Apr 27, 2012 5:41 am

Hey Guys, been a long time since I've posted and some of what I say may be negative. Other mods here are still with their gamers but I left mine. Nearly 4 yrs ago. had 3 yrs break and now with a lovely man that doesnt game and we DO stuff together.

Seriously, get out...do it now. Do not waste more of your life.
Tawnee
Moderator: Goddess

Postby MirMid on Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:29 pm

I am also just shy of the 2 year wedding anniversary except we also have a 13 month old son which makes his time gaming so much harder. I feel like a single parent. Our relationship is less than roommates. We don't really talk anymore and he has refused to go to couples therapy anymore. I feel like I am reading stories about my life when I read yours. He threatened divorce and to take away my son to try to bully me to stay so I am leaving town on Monday to visit my folks (with my son) for 2-weeks. My hubby is AF and we are stationed away from family. Makes it even harder that I gave up a good job, left my family and friends, moved across the country, and he would rather spend his time playing video games with his coworkers than with me. I wish you only the best in what you are going through. Be thankful you don't have children to worry about. If it weren't for my son, I would have left a year ago...
MirMid

Return to Introductions