Hello :)

Welcome to GamerWidow.com!! Please take a moment to introduce yourself to the community. =)

Moderators: Psykiblue, Tawnee, Faeril, Lyoness, max

Hello :)

Postby DIXXAAY on Sun Feb 26, 2012 12:59 pm

Hi, my name is Dixie and I have been married for 6 months. My husband plays both PC games such as WOW and Xbox Live. I have heard about this website several times before, and as sad as it is its nice to know that I am not alone. I work two jobs to avoid being at home and avoided. My husband plays games as soon as he gets home from work until the next workday. He doesn't go to bed with me, touch me, or converse with me. He screams and yells at me whenever I try to talk to him. On the rare occasion that we do go out, he watches the clock and complains that he could be playing games. He even has the WOW app on his iPhone. After my honeymoon my marriage ended. I hurt so bad and feel so alone. He tells me to "get a hobby", he thinks i'm crazy. He has made empty promises about cutting back, etc. It's like he doesn't even care he's hurting me... and he thinks everything is great and tells me he loves me so much, through text whenever hes at work. I am so lonely I feel that I just need to end things. I miss him, it's like he's no longer here. Thanks for listening.
DIXXAAY

Re: Hello :)

Postby Dui on Sat Mar 31, 2012 7:02 pm

Hey DIXXAAY,

That is really (really) sad to hear ((hugs)).
I'm getting married to my gamer on Monday, and I first joined back in 2006. I seriously didn't think i would still come here for support. I'm trying to think if it'll all change once we're married.

I don't live with him f/t at the moment, so he games all the time when i'm not there and when hes not working. He's even planning to take a week off once Diablo 3 comes out. and a few months ago, he ran out of leave for the year, so i had to cancel a holiday i had planned for us. I spent the week alone instead.

whats your game plan?
bw, Dui
Dui

Postby Tawnee on Fri Apr 27, 2012 5:49 am

Guys, stop, seriously.

Is this the life you want?

They choose this non life but you don't have to.

I left my gamer 4 yrs ago and life is wonderful. Go live it and stop watching it go by as you look at the back of their heads.
Tawnee
Moderator: Goddess

Postby xX_Amber_Xx on Sun Apr 29, 2012 4:12 pm

TAWNEE IS RIGHT!

Girls, I left my gamer a year ago after he started HITTING me whenever I did anything to either intentionally or unintentionally interrupt his gaming. I need to post again to let everyone know about the whole story of leaving him but I'VE BEEN TOO BUSY LIVING MY LIFE AND TAKING CARE OF MY NEEDS AND HAPPINESS.

And Tawnee is one of the people on this website that gave me the STRENGTH to do it.

You can find BETTER. I have. :)
"I'm a jerk to everyone. Best way to protect yourself from lawsuits."
xX_Amber_Xx
Friend

Postby Tawnee on Sat May 05, 2012 6:45 pm

wow Amber,

I hope you are ok?

It's funny how alot of abuse happens with gamers. Either physical, emotional and verbal.

Please tell your story and I am glad I could help.
Tawnee
Moderator: Goddess

Postby BionicMomo on Tue Sep 11, 2012 4:46 pm

Hey, Dixxaay,

This is the closest I have come to finding a situation exactly like mine. I simply cannot understand how, with all the games he has, he even has the energy to constantly get excited about the ones that will be coming out. I absolutely DREAD October, so many new things come out, I may just have to take a month-long vacation while he plays through all of it, just so I can avoid being avoided, which, by the way, hits the nail on the head as to how I feel.

I really hope things get better after you guys tie the knot, it isn't right for a significant other to be treated so lowly!! *hugs*
BionicMomo

Postby Bizdaddy on Thu Sep 20, 2012 3:18 pm

My wife of 11 1/2 years(we have an 11 year old daughter also) has actually recently left me and filed for divorce after getting addicted to a game she's only played for 6 months. I'm hoping she realizes the mistake she is making but I have no hope left. Trust me it won't get better unless they actually decide to seek help.
Bizdaddy

Return to Introductions