Hi

Welcome to GamerWidow.com!! Please take a moment to introduce yourself to the community. =)

Moderators: Psykiblue, Tawnee, Faeril, Lyoness, max

Hi

Postby Poodles on Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:20 pm

Hi All,

I'm new on this forum, I think it is a great idea!

My husband plays HEAPS of computer games, not necessarily online games. He sometimes plays MUD, sometimes a killing Orches (?) game, a game where you have a character and need to collect things, develope your character by doing repititous acts etc. Even solitaire will do for him.

He jumps on as soon as he gets home from work (while I make dinner after returning at the same time). He will sit there all night if possible. Combined with sleeping problems, sometimes that might be til middnight, 2am, 4am or even 6am!! It varies.

Sometimes he misses work because he doesn't sleep or hasn't slept enough.

I hate it so much, he doesn't do any housework, (we both work fulltime) he just sits there playing those games. He will sleep in late on the weekends to recover so we don't go and do things. I made a rule that I don't do the dishes anymore, the dishes have been sitting on the sink for 3 days. I have tried nagging, I have tried crying. Another lady commented here that her husband doesn't come to bed with her (I hear you!!) I have tried "I'm worried about you". I am trying something new, I have "me night", he has to pick ONE night of the week to come to bed with me.

Help!
Poodles

Re: Hi

Postby AMNeSia on Tue May 21, 2013 12:00 am

Welcome to GamerWidow.

Well, your husband sounds like me...OK, I'm not a husband, but I jump on the PC as soon as I'm free. Same, as his, even Solitaire will do for me. Though, unlike him, I'm striving to take out my addiction.

No offence, but nagging will only make the person resent you. I know, sometimes, nagging someone to death seems the only way, but that is one of the 'last-resort' measures. Have you tried just getting him to talk to you? I mean, just getting him to sit beside you and talk? If that doesn't work, you might need to look for harsher measures, like plugging off the PC when it's on and getting him to talk. I am not saying just go ahead and do it, but that might end up being the only ways he will look beyond the PC.

He's missing his work, he won't come to bed with you...sounds pretty serious...much like how I am most of the time. Forcing might not work. Try talking to him. Why he plays so much, what problems does he face in life and so on. Just try talking and sorting things out. If need be, be harsh when it comes to getting him to talk to you, but once he talks and gets easy to get to, things should get better.

Hope this helps. Feel free to ask anything anytime. Always here to help.
"Everything is relative and situational...all depends on your choices" - EiRaSAdoyC.
AMNeSia

Return to Introductions