Hello

Welcome to GamerWidow.com!! Please take a moment to introduce yourself to the community. =)

Moderators: Psykiblue, Tawnee, Faeril, Lyoness, max

Hello

Postby Gir on Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:15 pm

Hello i recently decided to take action towards my MMORPG gaming addiction. Which is why i am here. I am trying to find information on how to recover from this addiction through other peoples experiences. I got addicted to MMORPGs when i was around 11. My friends, my brother and i started with a game called Fairytale. It was fun while it lasted but sadly the owners of Fairytale decided to make their game pay to play and we didnt want to pay to play that game. We then decided to sign up for a closed beta of the now popular MMORPG Maplestory. Luckily we all got in but unfortunately this game was the game that started my gaming addiction. We ended up playing the game for around 5-8 hours a day for the first year. After that first year all my friends noticed how playing this game was becoming an unhealthy hobby so they quit. I on the other hand did not stop playing. I played the game for 3 years and spent around 100$ which is a decent amount for a 11 year old. I stopped when my account was hacked. After that i decided to find another MMORPG but none of them were as fun to play but for some reason i wanted to find another MMORPG that would give me the sensation that maplestory did. So i kept on trying out new mmos but could not find one. I did this for about 4 years. I've noticed that this gaming addiction has impacted my life in a huge way and quite frankly im tired of it. I want to stop. I want to take back my life and i hope that the information and community on this forum will help me. Thank you for taking the time to read this
Gir

Return to Introductions