Life after your gamer

Welcome to GamerWidow.com!! Please take a moment to introduce yourself to the community. =)

Moderators: Psykiblue, Tawnee, Faeril, Lyoness, max

Life after your gamer

Postby xX_Amber_Xx on Sun May 13, 2012 12:34 pm

First of all, I'd like to say that this is going here because even though I'm an old member, this is an introduction to the new me; a happier, better me. :wave

If anyone remembers my few posts here, I'd be surprised (considerring there were so few), but none-the-less, as a little background and summary to my widow woes.. I had moved up to NY to be with a man I met through my own love of online gaming. If I had been addicted (which I wasn't, though he always loved to insist I was), I want to make it clear to all those suffering through your own addiction: NOTHING breaks a gaming 'addiction' faster than an addicted gamer living with you!!!

My gamer would stay up at allll hours of the night. He would scream and yell into his xBox while I tried to get some sleep in between working two jobs. Girls, I was a wreck 24/7 :cry

He would berate me, mock me, yell at me for any reason. It was almost as if I repulsed him. If anyone recalls my post titled, "Tuna Breath" you'll understand. If not, by all means, check it out: http://gamerwidow.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=7786

One day, I found a new job. One that required a lot of time and a lot of work, but also, a lot of money. It gave me that time to think. It gave my a purpose other than being his punching bag. The pay gave me the means to obtain my freedom, after feeling so stuck with him.

It infuriated him that I was independant. I looked into a promotion I was offered after a few months, to move back home. This job was definitely not the answer to all my problems, I'm not even with that company anymore due to unrelated issue. When my gamer found out I was leaving his lazy, idiotic, leech-like ass, he started treating me like an animal. One day, I had had enough!!! I unplugged his xBox in the middle of a game. He turned around and beat the shit out of me. I never pressed charges, but I left. I left and I have never been so happy. I'm engaged (to a casual gamer, ironically, but there IS a difference). I'm healthy, I'm active, I'm free!! :sredit
"I'm a jerk to everyone. Best way to protect yourself from lawsuits."
xX_Amber_Xx
Friend

Re: Life after your gamer

Postby Lyoness on Tue May 15, 2012 9:23 pm

Wow!! I'm sorry to hear about what you went through but I'm so glad that you are in a happy place now!!! Yay for fresh starts and new lives. :clap
Founder of GamerWidow.com

Please feel free to become a contributing author to the site! Email me at lyoness@gamerwidow.com if you are interested. :)
Lyoness
Site Admin

Postby Catlin on Thu May 24, 2012 11:08 am

wow, thats awesome, im happy for you :)

i think everyone deserves someone who cares more about them than video games.
Catlin

Postby AMNeSia on Sun May 19, 2013 1:20 pm

Glad to see you're doing better. Hope things keep being better and not turn out like the shit before.
"Everything is relative and situational...all depends on your choices" - EiRaSAdoyC.
AMNeSia

Return to Introductions