im new here.

Welcome to GamerWidow.com!! Please take a moment to introduce yourself to the community. =)

Moderators: Psykiblue, Tawnee, Faeril, Lyoness, max

im new here.

Postby Catlin on Thu May 24, 2012 11:04 am

hi!
im Catlin. or just Cat for short. i just joined this site 5 minutes ago lol. so im still figuring everything out. i came here because my boyfriend seems to prefer playing games on his laptop instead of hanging out with me. i really dont mind that he plays, a few hours would be fine. but he plays from before i get home from work untill we go to bed. i love him to death, but i cant freaking take this anymore, it makes me sad.
Catlin

Re: im new here.

Postby spiceoflife on Wed Jun 13, 2012 10:17 am

Sorry you need to join us, but glad you're here for support. It's sad that some gamers prefer gaming interaction over the real life interactions of their significant others. We as human beings need to be plugged into something. It can be the occasional hobby, an engaging conversation with a friend, exercise, some good music, watching an awesome movie, or a good book. Some plug into the relationships that live and breathe in their presence and unfortunately some plug into the relationships that they get through gaming (real or virtual) forgetting that their relationships in the real world require nurturing and aren't there at their convenience like the gaming world.

It doesn't feel right because you're trying to plug into him for a healthy relationship and he's far too tied up in gaming. I'm so sorry your boyfriend has left you lonely. He's taking for granted that you will be there when he comes up for air. Honestly, go do what makes you happy. Don't stand around waiting to plug into him - go find something you enjoy doing. Go out with people that have more balance in their lives and maybe he'll come up for air and realize what he's missing out on. There's certainly no reason for you to miss out on anything waiting for him to come around. Hang in there!
*´¨)
¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸.•´ (¸.•´ *Alicia*
Alexander Joseph (9 years)
Aiden James (7 years)
Avery Jacob (4 years)
Annelise Nicole (18 months)
spiceoflife

Postby hyjinx on Mon Jun 25, 2012 4:59 am

wow i agree with what alecia is saying i feel the same lonely and sad that he prefers the game more than me..
hyjinx

Postby BionicMomo on Tue Sep 11, 2012 4:37 pm

I totally know how you feel. It doesn't start off as feeling that big of a deal, but it escalates and suddenly you're left out in the cold. It's a shame that this is actually a thing. My boyfriend does the same thing. If he's off from work, and I am, when I come home I find him gaming, and he doesn't usually stop till he comes to bed, usually long after I have. It's so frustrating, I never thought wanting affection could be such a bother. Hope your situation ends up okay!
BionicMomo

Return to Introductions