Links to Stories

This forum is for those of you who are in the middle of or have successfuly beat the addiction. Whether your addiction was gaming, smoking, eating, etc. you are welcome to use this forum to help you get through it or share your story of how you got through it!

Moderators: Psykiblue, Tawnee, Neglected

Postby SitCom on Sat Oct 01, 2005 7:19 am

God work there Feeny :D
SitCom
Friend

Postby WoW_Widow on Sun Oct 02, 2005 12:09 am

Wow, is that what you were doing by the piano this whole time?
Good job!

:clap
"What they don't get is that it is ONLY a game, and we don't have to understand. "
- Fisher, WoW Wid at GamerWidow.com
WoW_Widow
Friend

Postby Lyoness on Fri Dec 09, 2005 9:28 am

:clap :clap :clap Wow! Awesome list!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)
Founder of GamerWidow.com

Please feel free to become a contributing author to the site! Email me at lyoness@gamerwidow.com if you are interested. :)
Lyoness
Site Admin

Postby Faeril on Thu Dec 22, 2005 12:47 pm

Great work, Feeny! :D
Creative Director & COO
"You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one."
Ideas? Suggestions? Email me at melissa@gamerwidow.com
Faeril
Site Admin

Postby jen on Fri Jun 30, 2006 3:59 pm

hi there,

i'm new and wondered how to get permission to view posts in the 'sticky' section of this forum? my husband is an addicted gamer who wants to quit (i'm a member of eq widows) and we're looking for a forum where he can talk to people who are going through what he is/we are. i'll post more after he gets a chance to introduce himself but i feel like i've got a great support group and would rather he gets the chance to "be here first" if that makes any sense? I'm just 'scouting' today. thanks! jen
jen

Postby jen on Fri Jun 30, 2006 4:05 pm

hmmm, maybe i'm confused (not totally forum literate). it's this thread, "links to stories" i think i'm asking about...j
jen

Postby osprey on Fri Jun 30, 2006 6:39 pm

Hi Jen :wave

The Rehab Room is the place where gamers, current and former, discuss gaming and quitting strategies. It is a public forum; he can just register and have at it. Most folks make a post to the Introductions forum when they first come to GW, but he does not have to if he does not want to.
osprey

Postby thefeeny on Fri Jun 30, 2006 10:41 pm

Unfortunately one of the problems with many of these "links to stories" is that they sit in other forums and many of us in the rehab room dont have permission to view them.

I have raised this with the moderators of these forums and hope to have the problem resolved.
thefeeny

Postby jen on Tue Jul 04, 2006 12:43 pm

thanks for the info (and the hello :wave ). is it strange though that i can access some of the links in the first post of this thread but not all? the game theory links are blocked (tips etc) and only some of the intros but not all? i sent a pm to lyoness last week but haven't heard back yet...thanks, jen
jen

Postby Ruya on Tue Apr 10, 2007 2:32 pm

You can include my long, long post regarding my quit from WoW:
http://www.gamerwidow.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?p=9095
Ruya
Friend

Re: Links to Stories

Postby bloodwrath on Mon Apr 14, 2008 12:17 pm

Here is my story about quitting WoW.

viewtopic.php?f=27&t=2145
bloodwrath
Friend

Postby exgamerdotnet on Wed Sep 03, 2008 8:54 am

Here's a link to my story...

http://exgamer.net/blog/?p=106

Failures are finger posts on the road to achievement.
-C.S. Lewis
exgamerdotnet

Postby 2ndHandRose on Sat Feb 13, 2010 8:23 pm

Hi all.

I hope this is the right place to put this. This is a link to my Gaming Addiction (and smoking, alcohol and Rx drug addiction) recovery story:

http://www.transformation.com/forum/recovery-food-smoking-drug-alcohol-addiction/17859-recovery-gaming-addiction.html

My forum name on t.com is MickyO.

I joined that community two years ago and just signed up for a new Challenge. It's a beautiful community and trolls are very quickly captured and carted away. =)

I hope you do check it out since there is support for any kind of addiction you can imagine. I found it extremely helpful, once I gave up WoW, to have a new focus and passion. My husband and son are still into it, so it's a bit tough but definitely doable.

If you do decide to join, please send me an email. I'll be very happy to answer any questions you may have. Feel free to email me here as well.

Mick
The road of life is full of squashed squirrels who couldn't make up their minds.
2ndHandRose

Postby nationwide on Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:23 am

i'm new and considered how to get authorization to perspective content in the 'sticky' area of this forum? my partner is an dependent player who wants to stop (i'm a participant of eq widows) and we're looking for a message board where he can discuss to individuals who are going through what he is/we are. i'll publish more after he gets a opportunity to create himself but i experience like i've got an excellent assistance team and would rather he gets the opportunity to "be here first" if that creates any sense?
nationwide

Postby lanshan75 on Wed May 16, 2012 3:02 am

Hello,everybody,I am just a new member of this forum,I want to make more friends here,I hope you can like me.
lanshan75

Return to Sort Yourself Out - The REHAB Room