Hungry? Or Not.

This forum is for those of you who are in the middle of or have successfuly beat the addiction. Whether your addiction was gaming, smoking, eating, etc. you are welcome to use this forum to help you get through it or share your story of how you got through it!

Moderators: Psykiblue, Tawnee, Neglected

Hungry? Or Not.

Postby LevelUp7 on Mon Feb 02, 2009 5:07 pm

Anyone else eat...all the time? I eat for boredom, I eat when I'm my happiest and most content. I eat when I feel over weight, and Ieat when I feel beautiful. I think about what Im going to eat, and buy more than i need, then finish it. If there is food around me or available, I will eat it for no reason. I am a vegan and often cheat because easy-to-get food is often on the unhealthy side. No matter what I choose to eat, I over do it. I have a ine body image, and dont feel guilt over my weight..only that I know its not healthy, which i strive for.

Ive been reading a lot about the two types of eaters, those who are done when they are triggered to be full, and those who just keep going. I obviously dont hvae a 'full' mechanism, and my mind is unable to stop when I logically should! Any fellow sufferers?
LevelUp7

Re: Hungry? Or Not.

Postby MaryBraveBird on Tue Feb 03, 2009 6:22 am

hi, I'm not a fellow sufferer but would like to ask a few questions...
Does this mean you are never full when you've had enough to eat? Are you always hungry?

Sounds a little bit like my s/o and alcohol. I (and most people I know) have a mechanism that tells me when I've had enough alcohol - I feel dizzy, or even slightly sick. I just know that it's enough even before it's WAY too much. He doesn't seem to have that built-in mechanism, he keeps drinking, doesn't feel dizzy or sick until he's absolutely, completely drunk.

For me, it's the same with eating. When I'm full, I just can't eat anymore. First I just feel full, and if I keep eating, I feel sick.
MaryBraveBird
Friend

Re: Hungry? Or Not.

Postby acolorado on Tue Jul 14, 2009 8:00 pm

I was just thinking about this today. Good post!

I've done this too - eating can be comfort for alot of people. I found for some reason that when I switched to just eating healthy foods I don't get a craving to eat as often. I think maybe my body was just getting used to all the junk and started to crave it. I've been tempted to just let myself eat "a little" junk but I think I would overdo it. I've been muching alot on sunflower seeds lately. Healthy and seems to fix that craving to eat when I feel down or bored.
acolorado

Return to Sort Yourself Out - The REHAB Room