I'm free!!!!

This forum is for those of you who are in the middle of or have successfuly beat the addiction. Whether your addiction was gaming, smoking, eating, etc. you are welcome to use this forum to help you get through it or share your story of how you got through it!

Moderators: Psykiblue, Tawnee, Neglected

I'm free!!!!

Postby shogun on Mon Feb 09, 2009 4:20 am

Well i think i can safely say I've kicked my WoW habit. Not played in > 2 months and account cancelled. Even in my bored moments i don't get the urge to reactivate my account.

Since I finished my previous destructive relationship a fog was lifted. The old me started coming back out. I started to prefer going out than raiding. My kids have their dad back and we've been on loads of trips & holidays. They've noticed a big difference in me.

My success with the ladies went thru the roof. I did find a really nice GF for a few months but it was a case of right person, wrong time so recently finished things. Now I have not one, not two but three on the go. Just dating at the moment, nothing serious. But hey, this is from a self confessed geek who my friends describe as a mix between Leonard & Sheldon from "The Big Bang Theory". One of my dates is also an ex-wow addict!

For me looking back WoW filled a hole in my life. It started as a really cool game but ended by actually keeping me in a bad relationship. Rather than face reality and deal with the problems head on, WoW allowed me to hide in a virtual world. I'd urge any WoW addicts to look deep and try to figure out what it is you are hiding from.
shogun

Re: I'm free!!!!

Postby Neglected on Mon Feb 09, 2009 11:46 pm

You and Djorn, almost at the exact same time with almost the very same conclusions! You two spoke to each other before, so all I can add is
:wOOt Congratulations Shogun.
Welcome back and thanks for the update. I'm glad that things are going your way, which is the real life way. :hug
Troll under the bridge
Neglected

Postby phnxzlil1 on Tue Feb 10, 2009 1:40 pm

:joy
I am so excited for you! Congratulations!!!

:hug
Martina
Phnxzlil1

<center><embed src="http://www.widdlytinks.com/pregnancy/pregnancy-tickers/pregnancyticker.swf" FlashVars="t1=Baby Dewey Gibson&b=1&c=0xCC00CC&f=7&y=2010&m=7&d=15" quality="high" wmode="transparent" width="430" height="115" name="Pregnancy Ticker" align="middle" allowScriptAccess="samedomain" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" /></embed><br><a href="http://www.widdlytinks.com/">Pregnancy Tickers from WiddlyTinks.com</a></center>
phnxzlil1
Friend

Postby Djorn on Sat Feb 14, 2009 4:42 pm

Rather than face reality and deal with the problems head on, WoW allowed me to hide in a virtual world. I'd urge any WoW addicts to look deep and try to figure out what it is you are hiding from.

A quote for the ages.

Avoiding a problem never makes it go away! Avoiding it only makes it grow bigger. Running away is not a solution. It seems you have realised that as well as I.

I wish i could make everybody realise this.
Djorn
Friend

Postby newlywedwidow on Sun Feb 15, 2009 12:20 am

Congrats on getting you life back. I hope things continue to go well for you. Thanks for the update and feel free to stick around. Just because you have kicked the habit doesn't mean you are no longer welcome. Sitck around as long as you like. Once again, congrats!
I am worth it and so are you! Remember...It's not how many breaths you take. It's how many moments take your breath away!
newlywedwidow
Friend

Im free

Postby Olivio on Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:33 pm

"You can get a lot farther with a kind word and a gun than a kind word alone." -- Al Capone
Puede uno amar sin ser feliz; puede uno ser feliz sin amar; pero amar y ser feliz es algo prodigioso.
Olivio

Return to Sort Yourself Out - The REHAB Room