Gaming Addiction Book

This forum is for those of you who are in the middle of or have successfuly beat the addiction. Whether your addiction was gaming, smoking, eating, etc. you are welcome to use this forum to help you get through it or share your story of how you got through it!

Moderators: Psykiblue, Tawnee, Neglected

Gaming Addiction Book

Postby Mexsa on Tue Jun 09, 2009 11:03 am

Hello All

I am a 25 year old, mother of 3 and wife. I am also a Gaming addicted. Ranging from starcraft to everquest2. I have recently quit gaming all together and am working on my recovery. My mother is a substance abuse counselor and has ran a womens treatment facility for 16 years. Since admitting i have a problem she has helped me alot in this process of kicking the digital disease. I am trying to write a book with her co-writing along with me. Our goal is to hopefully get a working treatment plan out there for gaming addicts and have it be instituted in rehab centers. So that gaming addicts might have the option to go check into rehab and receive customized treatment, since our illness is a whole different ball park.
I had heard of this site when I was playing everquest 2. Mostly people made jokes about it and Looking back now I imagine alot of those people making jokes had the same problem that I have. I am coming to this community now In hopes that I might find some people that want to contribute to this book. To help educate the general everyday joe smcho population about gaming addiction so that friends and family members can identify it in other people. To get the word out so that there can be a treatment plan implemented and so that gamers will have the option of rehab that is tailored to our illness. If there is anyone that would like to share an insight , a point, a story or anything really that they feel should be part of this treatment plan please send me an Email at Mexsa_x@yahoo.com.
I hope that with the know how and experiences of Actuall gaming addicts like myself, Combined with the experience and know how of my mom that we can create somthing to really make gaming addiction a common knowledge addiction so that more people can get help.

Taking it one day at a time
Mexsa
Mexsa

Re: Gaming Addiction Book

Postby newlywedwidow on Wed Jun 10, 2009 12:29 am

I think this is a great idea. If you have a certain set of questions, you should post them and I am sure that people will copy and past them into any email to you. I think it is great you are getting help and willing to help others along as well. Congrats on your recovery.
I am worth it and so are you! Remember...It's not how many breaths you take. It's how many moments take your breath away!
newlywedwidow
Friend

Return to Sort Yourself Out - The REHAB Room