Why you now have to be Registered to post here....

This forum is for those of you who are in the middle of or have successfuly beat the addiction. Whether your addiction was gaming, smoking, eating, etc. you are welcome to use this forum to help you get through it or share your story of how you got through it!

Moderators: Psykiblue, Tawnee, Neglected

Why you now have to be Registered to post here....

Postby Lyoness on Fri Feb 24, 2006 1:43 pm

Hi guys,

As you may have noticed we've been getting slammed hard with spam bots posting crazy amounts of ads and spammy posts. The ONLY way to prevent it was to eliminate posting from guests. So if you would like to post here or anywhere else on the boards please register for an account. :) It's free! :)

And please make sure that after you register, check your email for your activation link (sometimes it goes into junk/spam/trash folders so keep an eye out!).

Thanks everyone for your understanding!! :grouphug
Founder of GamerWidow.com

Please feel free to become a contributing author to the site! Email me at lyoness@gamerwidow.com if you are interested. :)
Lyoness
Site Admin

Postby Talhathier on Wed Dec 20, 2006 1:40 pm

There's been a lotta spam in some of the other forums as well. Thoughts? Ideas?

Dont know where the "delete post" button went to...
Talhathier
Friend

Postby nerdmatic on Fri Jun 22, 2007 9:00 am

Then why not save you both some trouble and move on?
nerdmatic
Friend

Postby Crimson on Tue Oct 16, 2007 1:56 pm

Seems to be like registering isnt stopping them from posting here. Perhaps You need some other type of security measure...I know in other forums there was a way to request that the Admin or a Moderator had to approve all Memberships. Perhaps making it a requirement to explain why you want to join here? I dont know...

Im sure if needed I can research some software to possible curtail the amount of bots and or spammers we have here. Bots are the least of my worries, because they are preprogrammed. Spammers are spuradic and cunning.
Crimson

Re: Why you now have to be Registered to post here....

Postby Sam13 on Thu Aug 12, 2010 10:50 pm

For me I need to post here its because I really interested in this site and I hope I can gained more knowledge here,,,
Thanks... :joy

Re: Why you now have to be Registered to post here....

Postby saltychip on Fri Aug 13, 2010 6:40 am

yeah and the spam bots are bumping really old forum posts. Not that it matters I guess the forum is lucky to see 1 new post a day. sad.. :( maybe try incorporating a captcha code when registering. That should stop them. The default code is passable by some spam bots i think.
My story on how I beat the addiction to WoW
-
saltychip

Return to Sort Yourself Out - The REHAB Room