Random Comments Thread

What's going on in your life other than your 'Widow Woes'? Post about pretty much anything that doesn't fit anywhere else here :p

Moderators: Psykiblue, Tawnee, max

Random Comments Thread

Postby Faeril on Wed Dec 06, 2006 11:33 am

Okay, how this goes, basically just like the title of the thread says! It's a random comments thread! :D So you can vent about random stuff or just post some random thought that pops in your head. I couldn't remember if I had started one of these already or not, but I don't think so. So for my first bit of randomness:

I hate allergies, but I sure hope that's all it is and I'm not getting a cold because that would suck majorly. :x
Creative Director & COO
"You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one."
Ideas? Suggestions? Email me at melissa@gamerwidow.com
Faeril
Site Admin

Postby Psykiblue on Wed Dec 06, 2006 1:55 pm

I hope you are not getting a cold either!

Random comment #1 the feet are the hardest part to keep warm. I have many random and weird thoughts that run through the brain.
Psykiblue

Postby MaryBraveBird on Wed Dec 06, 2006 2:36 pm

my random comment of the day: i hate my hair! i decide to let it grow, as soon as it's long, i get so annoyed by it that i HAVE to go and get a new (usually short) haircut. meh :grumble right at the moment it's still long...
MaryBraveBird
Friend

Postby Neglected on Thu Dec 07, 2006 12:51 pm

I’m anticipating a horrible side of my life being published next month in a magazine. I’m trying to get ready for the taping of a documentary, so doing a make-over (6 appointments between now and the 15th (dental, hair, make-up, nails blah blah) trying to look 10 years younger. Trying to get Christmas done early because my son’s leave. Still need to decorate, get tree, bake, purchase and wrap all gifts, pack them to be gone for 2 weeks.

Thanks Fae for the thread, I think I needed the vent.
Last edited by Neglected on Sun Jan 28, 2007 4:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Troll under the bridge
Neglected

Postby Psykiblue on Fri Dec 08, 2006 3:41 pm

Spam still makes my eye twitch.

I guess it had something to do with the 30 odd spam emails I got in my spammail.
Psykiblue

Postby max on Sat Dec 09, 2006 12:05 am

I was out of town today, dealing with rush hour traffic on my way home :( I stopped at a strip mall I have passed hundreds of times. I was looking for something for dinner and found an awesome sushi bar I did not know existed. Great food at great prices. :)

When I got home my dog was still in the yard :)
max

Postby Childe on Sat Dec 09, 2006 1:32 pm

Yay sushi!
Former game-widow, current goth chick in-residence.

Your computer is a clicking demon, stealing away your soul and taking everything from me.
Childe
Friend

Postby FarleySC on Sat Dec 09, 2006 7:43 pm

I found out on Monday that my house is situated in a huge wind tunnel of doom! I was outside waiting for the bus (that goes to the plant), and I was AMAZED at the intensity and at the COLDNESSSNESS factor of the crazy wind. I got home to find that the snow that had accumulated has created some "lovely" drifts right in front of my house.... *sigh*. I think I need a snow fence.
FarleySC

Postby osprey on Sat Dec 09, 2006 10:51 pm

Sorry Farley, I just have to say this,

Every time you mention your job, I just can't help but think about Homer Simpson in one of the Simpson's episodes lamenting "Who ever thought that a nuclear power plant could be so complicated!" No disrespect meant, it just leaps into my head, I can't stop it!
osprey

Postby max on Sat Dec 09, 2006 11:04 pm

That is so horrible; I almost fell out of my chair laughing. :rofl
I never thought that and now I may never be able to get it out of my head.
Sort of like reading Emily Dickenson to the tune of Gilligan’s Island. :rolleyes
max

Postby Neglected on Sat Dec 09, 2006 11:28 pm

Y'all are so mean :( Even though it may seem innocent enough to you, y'all should not make fun of real people's lives. There's my random comment for the day.
Last edited by Neglected on Sun Dec 10, 2006 12:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Troll under the bridge
Neglected

Postby hyarke on Sun Dec 10, 2006 12:11 am

Righto.
Last edited by hyarke on Sun Dec 10, 2006 3:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Oi 'ey wot?
hyarke

Location: Unknown, last on the Stairway to Heaven, wondering what all the fuss is about.

Postby Neglected on Sun Dec 10, 2006 12:40 pm

"No" from MIT for JB :cry It will take us a couple of days to regroup.
Troll under the bridge
Neglected

Postby max on Sun Dec 10, 2006 2:41 pm

Bummer :(
I wish him the best on #2

It is really annoying when I type something up really meaning full, coherent and well formatted; then when I get ready to copy the text accidentally hit paste. Poof, all coherent thought gone and replace by some blurb which was copied earlier. :rolleyes
max

Postby FarleySC on Sun Dec 10, 2006 7:06 pm

Once you can accept the universe as matter expanding into nothing that is something, wearing stripes with plaid comes easy. --Albert Einstein
FarleySC

Postby osprey on Sun Dec 10, 2006 10:33 pm

Neglected wrote:"No" from MIT for JB :cry It will take us a couple of days to regroup.

Rats. Sorry to hear that Neg. Taking time to regroup seems appropriate.
osprey

Postby osprey on Sun Dec 10, 2006 10:40 pm

Neglected wrote:Y'all are so mean :( Even though it may seem innocent enough to you, y'all should not make fun of real people's lives. There's my random comment for the day.

But I'm not mean, really, I'm not. :cry
osprey

Postby Psykiblue on Mon Dec 11, 2006 1:45 am

Neg,

sorry to hear about the mit no. :hug

My random thought: I hate being asleep and then woken up, because then i'm awake. it bites.
I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary; the evil it does is permanent.

Psykiblue

Postby elfkittie22 on Mon Dec 11, 2006 2:21 am

Random comment: dolphins have incredible eyesight. They have a 320 degree field of vision, can use each eye independantly, and they can also change the shape of the lens to see both in and out of water!
elfkittie22
Friend

Postby Neglected on Tue Dec 12, 2006 10:03 am

But I'm not mean, really, I'm not.

Didn't mean to make you cry, now I feel bad.

Thanks everyone for your sympathies. We are able to joke about it now, so all is well with JB.

Did you know? (Quote from a friend) The majority of students at the Ivy League and high end Universities hire what they call “handlers” who prep the kids for interviews, tweak their resumes etc for the application process.
I must live in a cave…I had no idea.
Troll under the bridge
Neglected

Postby osprey on Tue Dec 12, 2006 4:45 pm

Neglected wrote:Did you know? (Quote from a friend) The majority of students at the Ivy League and high end Universities hire what they call “handlers” who prep the kids for interviews, tweak their resumes etc for the application process.
I must live in a cave…I had no idea.

These are a must have in California it seems. A large part of the job is to remind the applicants and their parents when the applications, financial aid forms, etc. are due, as well as coaching the interviews and the essays. Kind of like having a wedding planner I guess.
osprey

Postby max on Tue Dec 12, 2006 11:05 pm

The majority of students at the Ivy League and high end Universities hire what they call “handlers” who prep the kids for interviews, tweak their resumes etc for the application process.

That seems wrong on so many levels :jeebus
max

Postby Psykiblue on Wed Dec 13, 2006 1:01 am

Neg,

Its kind of sad that it happens but it does, and its the kind of thing that people are use to doing. it seems wrong but that's the way sometimes. I dont think I've ever 'padded' anything though I dont see a point, my references do an excellent job of standing for me.

Random thought: When I have a cut that needs to be cleaned I'm a big baby and my husband has to do it otherwise I'll just light swipe it but when he does it he cleans it so I dont get any infections and then bandages it with a kiss.
I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary; the evil it does is permanent.

Psykiblue

Postby SaveMeSuperman on Wed Dec 13, 2006 1:39 am

All I care about this Christmas is getting my daughter EVERYTHING. This is her first Christmas.
SaveMeSuperman

Postby Tawnee on Wed Dec 13, 2006 3:42 am

I am just so tired, annoyed, pissed off...whatever you want to call it about people not doing the right thing.

All I ask of my tenants is to pay their rent on time and to maintain the property so it looks the same as when they moved in (baring wear & tear of course). I ALWAYS get thing fixed within a day or two when they call with maintenance and I will even tell Landlords when something HAS to be done and they don't want to.

Instead I get all sorts of shit and excuses from the tenants. And when I tell them to fix something I sometimes get abuse and threats.

I don't ask for extra, they signed a lease stating everything they have to do and I go through it thoroughly with them and they agree to do it, so why the shit when I remind them to do it?

I have had things thrown at me and my life threatened. I have had to call the cops and I have been called a Nazi!

And then you get the dicks that ask me out and even when I politely say no, they keep on hassling. Oh, and lets not forget the ones that call me up as they finish tossing off to my business card!!!!

So everyone treat your property manager nice, she is just doing her job!!!
Tawnee
Moderator: Goddess

Next

Return to RL or Real Life (also for Off Topic Posts)