How much time does S/O spend gaming?

What's going on in your life other than your 'Widow Woes'? Post about pretty much anything that doesn't fit anywhere else here :p

Moderators: Psykiblue, Tawnee, max

Re: How much time does S/O spend gaming?

Postby Troi on Tue Feb 10, 2009 8:24 am

My s/o probably spends around 60-70 hours a week online between w.o.w. and his guild forum site.

He starts work most mornings about 4am and is usually home by about 3pm then he's onto pc until he goes to bed at 12pm or 1am with a small quick break for dinner.

At the weekends he's usually on it from he gets up around 12noon until 3am or 4am...

He also does that I came to bed at 2am when i've looked and seen it's really 3 or 4.. he also will stay off it for a day every so often but usually like last night, it's 'cause he's so tired he has to go to bed early 'cause he's knackered.

Not looking forward to next week it's 1/2 term and he usually takes the time off work to 'be with the kids'...yeah right he'll spend most of the time ingame with them......

I'm gonna keep a record of his time.... I bet it'll be close to 120-140 hours with him off work.
Troi

Postby phnxzlil1 on Tue Feb 10, 2009 2:48 pm

What irritates me to NO end is that my S/O has a full time job that I would give anything to have, in fact a job that I am going to school full time to finish a bacehlors degree in and he works there 12 hours a day and then comes home and games until easily some days 4 a.m. having to be up an hour later to go to work. Pisses me off!!
Instead I throw myself into school and work and he tells me I'm ignoring him.

:desk
Martina
Phnxzlil1

<center><embed src="http://www.widdlytinks.com/pregnancy/pregnancy-tickers/pregnancyticker.swf" FlashVars="t1=Baby Dewey Gibson&b=1&c=0xCC00CC&f=7&y=2010&m=7&d=15" quality="high" wmode="transparent" width="430" height="115" name="Pregnancy Ticker" align="middle" allowScriptAccess="samedomain" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" /></embed><br><a href="http://www.widdlytinks.com/">Pregnancy Tickers from WiddlyTinks.com</a></center>
phnxzlil1
Friend

Postby LadyVailen on Wed Feb 18, 2009 4:10 pm

he's not exactly addicted but he is playing WoW a LOT, from first thing in the morning to late at night unless there's something else that needs doing. I got really upset the other night when he picked up his laptop and went on WoW right after we'd finished having sex :arch I didn't think that was right at all. The max I've ever played in one go is three hours, but that was when I was ill and couldn't get out of bed. I don't get why games have to be the main focus of life.
LadyVailen

Postby maramyfriend on Fri Mar 20, 2009 1:48 pm

Easily 70 hours a week that I know about. Could be even more than that, and it wouldn't shock me if it was more. So I will say like most, average is 10-12 hours a day...minimum
Before you speak, ask yourself: Is it kind, is it true, is it necessary, does it improve upon the silence?" -Shirdi Sai Baba
When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace. - Sri Chinmoy Ghose
maramyfriend

Postby Munstersbabe_13 on Mon Aug 03, 2009 9:28 pm

Mine plays every night from 6/7 pm til 6 am. Sleeps til 3/4pm. Eats. Complains about spending time with the family for 3 hrs until it's time to go back to the game. :grumble
Munstersbabe_13

Postby topsailgirl on Tue Aug 18, 2009 8:46 am

yesterday mine played from 1pm when got up , logged off to go to the store to get cigs gone 10 mins, logged back in as soon as he walked in and logged out at 2 am only because i got out of bed because the game sounds woke me.. it ranges generally from 10 tp 12 hrs a day 7 days a week :arch
topsailgirl

Postby eqwidow28 on Tue Aug 18, 2009 10:01 am

My boyfriend will play everquest 2 sun-thurs usually he will get on around 7pm and play until 12 on days that he has to work. When he works he is gone from 8-4 so he can't play. I get off work around 5 so we spend only a couple hours together and then he will get on the computer for the rest of the night and raid. On days he doesn't have to work because his work is slow he will get up around 10 am and logg onto everquest and seriously play all day until i get off work at 5 and then he will be back on at 7pm for raiding. He doesn't do anything that needs to be done around the house. All he does it play and half the time I call him on my breaks he can't talk because hes in a group or busy playing everquest. When he was layed off from work for 3 months earlier this year. He would get on for raid until about 12 at night and then keep on playing until 3 or 4 am when i finally would yell at him to get off the computer because i was trying to sleep to go to work the next morning. On nights I wouldn't stay with him he would play all night and stay up until 9 am the next morning and then go to bed and wake up at 3/4 pm and start playing again. He is about to go on unemployement again and I swear to god that if he starts playing like he used to I will leave him. I will not put up with some loser that doesn't work and plays EVERCRACK ALL DAY AND NIGHT.
eqwidow28

Postby Liyet on Tue Aug 25, 2009 3:28 pm

As it stands right now, anywhere from 8-10 hours per day, seven days a week. He is unemployed at the moment, hoping to get his job back soon.
World of Warcraft is my husband's mistress and sometimes that b$%^@ gets all the attention.
Liyet

Postby beckibear on Mon Aug 31, 2009 5:37 am

My partner gets up early to go online and check his progress in the morning before work (1-2 hours). He's managed to perfect the art of doing everything he actually needs to do to get ready in about 10 minutes by not shaving, eating or washing.

In his lunch break and tea breaks, he does the same; seeing as he's lost weight recently I think this is instead of eating (1.5 hours).

When he gets home at about 6.30, he pretty much goes straight on either his laptop or the x-box unless there's something on his car that needs checking over. He'll carry on playing until he comes to bed, which is always after 1am and often as late as 4am.

So that adds up to somewhere between 9 and 13 hours on a workday.

On Saturdays, he gets up early and disappears into his games room. We don't usually see him for more than 15 minutes throughout the day (when I deliver food or drinks mainly) and he comes to bed about the same time so thats probably about 18 to 20 hours. Sundays, he ends up staying in bed late because of all the late nights for the rest of the week so he probably only manages to fit in about 14 hours of gaming :( .

Seems amazing when I add it all up like that. He only used to play for an hour or two a day...
beckibear

Postby i h8 halo on Tue Sep 01, 2009 1:11 am

Let's see. . . I think for my DH, it's between 6-8 hours daily on weekdays, and much more on weekends.
i h8 halo

Postby angry_widow on Tue Sep 01, 2009 2:53 pm

Reading through these posts just shocks me-these guys are wasting 1/2 their lives on the computer. How bad is that for relationships, health, etc. {shaking head in distress}

Mine is similar to all of yours, but at least he still showers. So far. I am wondering, is it only gaming or are there other things they do? Mine has taken to watching old TV shows or movies on Hulu now. So not only is it the games, but an endless choice of stupid 80s shows, sci-fi, Japanese fighting movies with subtitles, etc. This from the one who said he doesn't watch TV when we first started dating. ( if it's on the PC, I guess he is telling the truth?)
angry

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
He who angers you controls you.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
angry_widow
Friend

Postby Siead on Mon Nov 21, 2011 11:18 pm

well, it's not always gaming, sometimes just gaming related stuff too. i'd guess 4-6 hours a night, after work. he wont game in the mornings, he isnt a morning person. on his days off, i'm not sure because i work weekends. probably most of the day.
Siead

Postby Catlin on Thu May 24, 2012 2:31 pm

you guys dont know how glad reading all of this makes me. like, im happy that im not alone in thinking that my bf plays too many games.

he used to play WoW when we first starred dating, but he stopped playing because he said he would rather spend time with me. then last november, he played a ton of Skyrim. now hes been playing Minecraft alot. and a friend of him just gave him Diablo 3. so he'll probbly be playing that soon too.

each day he plays about 6 or 7 hours. and on weekends, its the whole day. he only stops to eat.
he doesnt talk to me much while hes playing, and if i kiss him, he doesnt kiss me back, just keeps staring at the screen. i love him so much, but im really getting sick of this.
Catlin

Postby sannevanzijl on Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:28 am

My husband plays between 30 and 40 hours a week.
So next to his fulltime job for which he is out of the house he will spend all his time awake on gaming. Barely takes time to eat.

On weekdays it is on average 5 hours between coming home at 4.30 p.m. and going to bed at 11.30 pm.
The weekends her starts with a long stretch on friday night. Instead of going to bed at 11.30 he will sometimes only come to bed when I get up to get the kids. So until 7 in the morning -ish. Then he'll sleep an hour or 5 (causing a horrible mood) and then get right behind the console again. Until dinner time (if he even shows up for that) and then pull the same stunt again. Sunday nights are like weeknights, while having played all day as well.

So I guess he has 2 full time jobs... Only the second job only cost money and leaves no family time at all.
Shooting at shooters would be nice for a change ...
sannevanzijl

Postby laroo on Thu Sep 27, 2012 12:38 pm

Sucks, doesn't it? I thought my wife had 'grown out' of it, but nope. Kung Fu Panda Express expansion just started for WoW, her game, and today she's right back where she was three years ago.
laroo
Friend

Postby Bizdaddy on Fri Sep 28, 2012 3:00 pm

My soon to be ex-wife's game of choice is an iPhone mmorpg so even at work she plays, so I'd estimate at least 15-16 hours a day even though by our phone records at one point she was only getting about 1 1/2 hours of sleep a night.
Bizdaddy

Previous

Return to RL or Real Life (also for Off Topic Posts)