....now that was just really dumb!

What's going on in your life other than your 'Widow Woes'? Post about pretty much anything that doesn't fit anywhere else here :p

Moderators: Psykiblue, Tawnee, max

....now that was just really dumb!

Postby Neglected on Thu Oct 30, 2008 4:16 pm

The other evening I was doing my usuall job of getting our coffee ready for in the morning. I put the water in. Put the filter and coffee. Set the timer for 5:45 AM and hit the Delay Brew button. The next morning I awoke to "schhhh schhhhh crackle schhhhh". I looked up from our bed to see that coffee was dripping on the warming plate and had overflowed and was all over the counter and under my puter!

I forgot to put the carafe back :jeebus

Next person.......... :\
Troll under the bridge
Neglected

Re: ....now that was just really dumb!

Postby Tawnee on Fri Oct 31, 2008 3:52 am

ok, one time at work I was trying to ring one of my landlords and I kept on getting pissed off because I was interrupted by my mobile ringing and then when I stopped what I was doing and going to answer it, they would hang up.

Yep..you guessed it. I was calling myself. It took 3 phone calls and my assistant to point it out to me.

Obviously I NEED my assistant :lol
Tawnee
Moderator: Goddess

Postby FarleySC on Fri Oct 31, 2008 5:59 am

It's happened more than once... Not a huge thing, but I leave for work once a quarter without my security ID badge. This means turning around when I'm partway there and going back for it. Good thing it's only 20 mins to work.
FarleySC

Postby Psykiblue on Fri Oct 31, 2008 9:31 am

I've done a lot of I guess dumb stuff but one that sort of stands out happened when I was a teenager.

I was eating breakfast and got up from the table to bring my dishes out to the sink and stepped over my bookbag that was there and didn't trip, turned around took like two steps and went flying...because you guessed it I tripped over my bookbag.
I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary; the evil it does is permanent.

Psykiblue

Postby chibichan on Fri Oct 31, 2008 10:05 am

Once when I was in elementary school, I was riding my bike with my dad (and not very good at it). We were riding up a steep hill and I was found myself moving slower and slower and the incline increased until ... bam! I fell right over from a complete standstill. My dad was thinking, "thank goodness i don't know anyone here," when his coworker popped out of a house nearby and waved Hi!
chibichan

Postby Sirena on Fri Oct 31, 2008 2:37 pm

Our house is an old house and had a floor furnace years ago. That is now where our central heat and air return is. One Saturday we had the grate off to replace the filter, but had to go and buy one, so I just left the grate off and warned everyone to watch out. Well, an hour later I was headed back to the bedrooms, mind on what I was going after and fell right in. It hurt, but I couldn't stop laughing. My daughter came running back there to see if I was ok. She walked around the hole. When she realized I was ok, she turned around to go back to what she was doing and fell in. We both ended up with bad bruises. That was the beginning of this year and we still laugh so hard we can't talk when we think about it.
Love Must Be Tough
Sirena
Friend

Postby Psykiblue on Fri Oct 31, 2008 10:28 pm

When I was 16, I was running down our hallway, I opened and shut the door in space of two seconds, and before I knew it I was going through the door because I had too much momentum built up to stop myself. Lucky for us my dad fixed it with minor problems -_-
I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary; the evil it does is permanent.

Psykiblue

Postby newlywedwidow on Sat Nov 01, 2008 5:02 am

I always wear a belt because I am paranoid my butt crack will hang out, and the other day I went looking for my brown belt to go with my brown shoes and while looking for it I noticed that my black belt was also missing. I found the brown belt I wanted but continued to look for the black one so I wouldn't have to later. I was about to quit, but decided I would look a little more but after I put on the brown belt that I had in my hand. I lifted my shirt so I could put the brown belt on and...found the black one. I had it on the whole time...

My husband and I, when we 1st moved in to our new house (3 years ago), wanted to hang some pictures our our bare walls so he bought a stud finder. Well, come to find out our walls are Sheetrock with plaster over them so they were too thick for the stud finder to find the stud. At the time we did not know this ,so, he was messing with it so see if it worked. He swiped the stud finder in front of the crotch of his pants (he too wears a belt) and the stud finder beeped. I started laughing and said the 1st thing that came to my mind. "Awe, you've got wood!" Needless to say he was pretty embarrassed and blushed 8 shades of red (probably didn't help that other people were present lol). To this day, when I tell people about "the stud finder", he blushes and leaves the room~! LMAO!!
I am worth it and so are you! Remember...It's not how many breaths you take. It's how many moments take your breath away!
newlywedwidow
Friend

Postby Faeril on Fri Nov 07, 2008 11:20 am

Okay, I do a lot of dumb random things, and this one isn't one of the worst, but since I did it today! I forgot my work keys, but I didn't have spare time to run back to the apartment this morning so just went without them. I've done this a few times actually, but luckily the office manager has a master key that I can borrow! ^^
Creative Director & COO
"You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one."
Ideas? Suggestions? Email me at melissa@gamerwidow.com
Faeril
Site Admin

Postby Psykiblue on Wed Jan 28, 2009 8:03 pm

well to revive a thread....

today I was in my research class and I went to school with my IPOD. I usually turn it off and make sure its turned off so it won't start playing if I hit a button. So I am sitting there thinking where the heck is that music coming from...

and realize my pocket *headdesk* I didn't shut it off like I thought and it was up rather loud at that point but not too loud thank goodness, so I hauled out my headphones and just shut it off.

Psykiblue

Postby goodjuju on Wed Feb 04, 2009 10:40 am

I'm so glad this thread is still around...

Got to the office this morning and had to make a mad dash to the ladies room. I was in such a hurry that instead of opening the door and then walking in, I never stopped my forward progress. I had the door handle in my left hand, but I had taken a step too far, my left foot stopped the door but I kept walking forward and SMACK!. My forehead now has a nice red verticle rectangle where I tried to split the door with my head. Luckily no one saw me, but the red mark is hard to miss. Oh well, it accents my sweater :p

NARF!
goodjuju
Friend

Postby Savandicus on Thu Mar 05, 2009 9:58 pm

looking for an item in a drawer that was mostly empty and it was clearly visible.

Looked in drawer once, didnt see it, search room for 10 minutes. Give up for 10 minutes. Check drawer and search room again. Check drawer once more and find it. Slam head against table.
Savandicus

Return to RL or Real Life (also for Off Topic Posts)