Happy Holidays?

What's going on in your life other than your 'Widow Woes'? Post about pretty much anything that doesn't fit anywhere else here :p

Moderators: Psykiblue, Tawnee, max

Happy Holidays?

Postby goodjuju on Thu Dec 11, 2008 4:05 pm

Okay since Thanksgiving, probably even before I've been MIA because time has just screamed by. I don't know where it went and I feel like I'm being swallowed up in a sea of Christmas lights and jingle bells. To be honest I've been a nervous wreck since Halloween. I mean, I just need it to slow down. Halloween means the scramble to get the right costumes for the kids. So afterwork it's a mad dash to pick up the kids, get them dressed, go over to my friends house (ever year she hosts Halloween dinner), trick or treating, then back home to get them undressed and ready for bed. Thank goodness this year it was on a Friday so I didn't have to worry about dragging them out of bed the next morning.

On to Thanksgiving. Granted there was an entire month between the two, but lucky me I was dealing with work stress/politics/crap so the month flew by. Thanksgiving day was horrible, had to run to the grocery store last minute, running late to my mother's house, argued with my bf, and in general didn't enjoy the food.

So now it's Christmas season. Actually since the frickin radio stations have been playing Christmas songs since before Thanksgiving I guess it's been here a while. Since I have purchased only a few items, I'll be spending this weekend fighting with the crowds buying who knows what. Long lines, crowds, traffic, spending money on things that make noise. I know...I sound like the Grinch. I do a pretty good job at faking holiday cheer for my kids, but between family gatherings, friends' get togethers, not to mention dealing with the ex and the ex-in laws; it's just not a happy time for me.

Someone please tell me it's not just me.

NARF!
goodjuju
Friend

Re: Happy Holidays?

Postby FarleySC on Fri Dec 12, 2008 4:14 pm

I've never been a big fan of "The Holiday Season"... Not since Santa didn't bring me the He-Man action figure I wanted....
FarleySC

Postby Psykiblue on Fri Dec 12, 2008 7:25 pm

I get like that sometimes.

This year I don't seem to be big on holiday cheer and I'm not exactly sure why that is. I'm sure you're not the only one though, my husband isn't fond of it. He enjoys being home with me and that's what is important to him. Not the decorations or the presents but having time with me.

Hopefully though this year we're getting professional pictures taken.
I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary; the evil it does is permanent.

Psykiblue

Postby Neglected on Mon Dec 15, 2008 11:15 am

:hug Awe juju I remember those day's and what a blur they were. Most Christmas's past, the boys were going to their dad's and I had to finish Christmas by the 22nd of every year for the past 10 years.

Playing the radio and having a Christmas video going helped me get into the spirit for them. Christmas light looking was the premium fun. We would take our hot chocolate and bags of popcorn (from our house since money was tight) and spend hours driving around all the neighborhoods, "every" night, even school nights. Once they were gone, I would usually crash and burn, but I made it through for them, and they were happy when they left.

It wasn't about me, it was about them. We just do the best we can and I know you do :hug

Farls you have your new baby girl and Babies First Christmas. There will only be one of those, so I hope that helps bring that Christmas spirit back for you :hug

That's what I'm going to try and do too Psyk, get some professional pictures of me and the boys (all in U of A attire for this year of course :p )

As for myself, I'm pretty excited about this year. I might have the opportunity, after 11 years, to spend the actual Christmas day with both my boys. I have one for sure and waiting to see what JB is going to do from College. I've gotten to see them both in the past few days and I just couldn't be happier just being able to be with them this year.

I'm finding my joy in all the smallest of things. Being able to be around the one's you love sure does have a lot to do with that Christmas spirit. Last year I saw no one and I had no joy at all. I don't know what my future holds, but for now, I get to see my boys and that brings me great joy, so I'm going to be happy about that. ^^
Troll under the bridge
Neglected

Postby Sirena on Mon Dec 15, 2008 1:59 pm

:joy Have fun with your boys, Neg! You deserve it. I can't imagine not being with my children on Christmas day. I don't see how you did that for so many years. That thought has already crossed my mind...for future purposes. But, I will have them Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. I will make sure of that.
Love Must Be Tough
Sirena
Friend

Postby goodjuju on Mon Dec 15, 2008 4:38 pm

Well I definitely feel better after having vented and after reading your replies. As Christmas gets closer I'm a little less stressed, I see the light at the end of the tunnel now. Thanks everyone.

NARF!
goodjuju
Friend

Postby Whippetartist on Wed Dec 17, 2008 9:28 am

Well, I know I have S.A.D., so I have to find ways to cheer myself up by listening to my favorite music, keeping busy & active in activities of the season, planning new projects & activities for year 2009.

:evil But, I really hate the TV ads showing Ozzie Oddborne selling WoW online gaming, like it is the greatest gift of the holiday gift-giving season. :nono
Whippetartist
Friend

Return to RL or Real Life (also for Off Topic Posts)