Co-Workers

What's going on in your life other than your 'Widow Woes'? Post about pretty much anything that doesn't fit anywhere else here :p

Moderators: Psykiblue, Tawnee, max

Co-Workers

Postby goodjuju on Tue Jan 27, 2009 6:13 pm

Apparently I missed the memo that stated you are now free to completely lose your mind. I don't know what's gotten into some of my co-workers lately, but I'd like to introduce a few of them to everyone.

Mr. Megalomaniac - An ill tempered office manager by day, a paranoid control freak by night. Somewhere along the lines he got the impression that he was running the show and if need be he will rifle through your trash, desk, and log on to your computer to see what you're up to. If he creates enough smoke and mirrors, no one will notice that he's not really doing his job and just may possibly be skimming off the top.

Dr. Jekly/Ms. Hyde - Ahh my boss, one minute she's cool and fun and hip, the next minute you'd better be able to outrun her because she will chew your head off and any other appendage in her path. The probelm is though, you won't know which one she is until it's too late.

Chatty Kathy - God love her she's got a story for every situation. Unfortunately I've heard them all at least three times and it's gotten to the point that I've had to stop her mid-sentence and tell her, "Yeah you already told me that one". Sometimes it slows her down, but most times she just keeps ticking. At least she's nice though and always makes for an interesting lunch pal.

Rodney Dangerfield - I have no particular beef with him, other than he cannot contribute any worth to a conversation or meeting. 99% of what he has to say is just a wise crack. He can be entertaining, but it's shortlived.

The Unabomber - How or why he still works here is beyond me. You know him, he's reclusive and hygenically challenged, and there are rumors of his temper, but fortunatley I've never seen him lose it. Don't think I want to.

Most everyone else is either normal, or has kept their neurosis better hidden than these folks.

Or maybe....it's me! :desk

NARF!
goodjuju
Friend

Re: Co-Workers

Postby Neglected on Thu Jan 29, 2009 10:10 pm

One of those days, Uh? juju :hug

1. Leave Mr. Megalomaniac some secrete love notes in your trash and desk. See what his reaction is the next day! :eek

2. Get Ms Hyde a gift for the office, like a magnet that has happy on one side and mad on the other side and keep it in a place she won't see. Have everyone else know where it is and they can turn the magnet to what she is at that moment. A little heads up :whip

3. Talk more than chatty Kathy does to you and tell her her own stories back. At least his might slow her down. :lol

4. Good ol'Rodney. I know that type quite well. Ahhh ignorance is bliss :jeebus

5. Have you ever seen office space? I would offer him a stapler and a snickers bar for "just in case" :rolleyes

It's not you :hug

Hope the rest of your week has gone better.
Troll under the bridge
Neglected

Postby Psykiblue on Thu Jan 29, 2009 10:52 pm

Neglected wrote:1. Leave Mr. Megalomaniac some secrete love notes in your trash and desk. See what his reaction is the next day!

Yes this!

hehe

I hope your coworkers...er lighten up in some regards? I'm sure its not you, I'm sure if we all think about it we've had similar situations.
I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary; the evil it does is permanent.

Psykiblue

Postby goodjuju on Tue Feb 03, 2009 10:34 am

Actually, for all their idiosychrisies I don't know if I could picture myself working anywhere else. It may be a nuthouse, but it's my nuthouse! :sredit

Neg, you do have some good ideas. As far as Mr. Megalomaniac goes, because I do not fall under his supervision, his issues affect me indirectly, but I have a couple of close friends who have to deal with him on a dialy basis. I have told them on more than one occasion to leave some adult toys in their desk drawers, but they chickened out. As far as Chatty Cathy goes, well she's a professional and there's no way I could out talk her.

That's hilarious about the magnet! Much like the "dirty/clean" one I have for the dishwasher. I love it...I'm going to try and find one.

NARF!
goodjuju
Friend

Return to RL or Real Life (also for Off Topic Posts)