Getting to Know You

What's going on in your life other than your 'Widow Woes'? Post about pretty much anything that doesn't fit anywhere else here :p

Moderators: Psykiblue, Tawnee, max

Getting to Know You

Postby Faeril on Wed Jan 06, 2010 5:12 pm

I haven't contributed towards a "Getting to Know You Thread" in ages, but we use to have these every few months or so on some of the sites I've been a member on. Instead of posting a list of questions, I thought I'd keep it short and simple this time so maybe more members will participate! ^^

So the Rules: Each time you post in this thread, share 1 or 2 things about yourself. They can be off the wall, random or unique! or something more basic. The overall idea is for us to get to know each other a bit more.

1) I played clarinet for 11-12 years and was very active in both marching band and symphonic band. I started in junior high, then high school and then played in college. I've been wanting to fix my horn for years now, maybe I'll budget and set some money aside to finally do that because I really do miss playing!

2) I'm determined to get fit and healthy this year! and it's no so much a New Year's resolution, but something I've been trying to achieve for a bit now. The new year just kind of gives you a fresh start to refocus. I lost 25lbs last year and I'm planning to lose more this year. *nods* I actually may start a thread in the Sort Yourself Out-The REHAB Room forum.

It's not a gaming addiction, but still fits well with the subject of the forum! Plus, maybe some of you guys can help motivate me or if anyone else is trying to get fit we can motivate each other. ;)

Now your turn! :joy
Creative Director & COO
"You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one."
Ideas? Suggestions? Email me at melissa@gamerwidow.com
Faeril
Site Admin

Re: Getting to Know You

Postby LSM on Fri Jan 08, 2010 3:14 am

Sounds like fun! And I'm happy to help motivate you with the health and fitness thing as I'm doing the same myself. So let's think.

1 - I play the cello in the local semi=pro symphony orchestra

2 - I was the first woman in the UK to register and qualify as an American Football official

Anyone else?
LSM

Re: Getting to Know You

Postby MaxwellH on Sat Jan 09, 2010 2:10 am

1) When I first went to college 10 years ago, I was accepted into the university as a fine arts major with the intention of doing pottery for a living. For people that know me today, this seems odd when I tell them this as I’m now academically oriented in the science/math direction.

2) When I was 3 years old, the only way I would agree to consume oatmeal was through the following method: first, I would dump the oatmeal on my head. Following this, I would pick it out of my hair and eat it.
MaxwellH

Return to RL or Real Life (also for Off Topic Posts)